Friday, August 5, 2011

My Birthday Wish

My Birthday Wish
by Angela Buckland










Compiled by Njabulo Ngobese

Day 5 of Women's month as AFH (Art for Humanity) continues it's appreciation for the works of female figures that have prided themselves at fighting for children's rights through their respectful trades.

Durban based photographer Angela Buckland's work speaks volumes. The launch of her first book Zip Zip My Brain Harts, reflects her personal account of parenting disabled children in South Africa. With works drawn from personal experiences, Angela still reaches levels of success when working on commercially commissioned jobs as she successfully tailors her photography to suit the client's visual requirements.

Angela Buckland currently works & lives in Durban, South Africa, with her husband and two small children.


Poem:


My birhtday Wish
Kareemah El-Amin
He said he doesn’t want to die, my hymen for his life
I've saved 100 lives since birth
Between my legs is his salvation
He speaks of love and understanding, piety and grace
With his penis in my face
Gifting me with the sacrament of his unholy communion
I turned nine today
Blow out the candles, and make a wish
“Father, please forgive my sins…
Let me join you before I turn ten”


Zwine nda tama nga duvha langa la mabebo
Tshivenda translation coordinated by Dr Maria Letsie
O ri ha todi u fa, vhusidzana hanga ndo vhu vhulungela vhutshilo hawe
Ndo vhulunga matshilo a dana tshe nda bebwa
Vhukati ha milenzhe yanga ndi phuluso yawe
U amba nga ha lufuno na u pfesesa, vhudikumedzeli na tshilidzi
Na vhudzimu hawe khofheni hanga
A tshi mpha tshiga tsha tshilalelo tshivhi
Ndo fara minwaha ya tahe namusi
Ndi dzima makhandela nda bula itsho tshine nda tama
“Khotsi, nkhangwele zwivhi zwanga…
Kha ndi vhe na iwe ndi saathu u fara minwaha ya fumi”


A Brief Biography on Kareemah El-Amin


Kareemah El-Amin is a highly acclaimed filmmaker, poet, playwright, director, producer and singer. An American, born on a farm in the state of Michigan, she knew from of a very young age that she was destined for a life in the arts. She has won numerous awards and been published in Mother Freedom Press, the International Poetry Journal, and Generation X; In Our Own Words an international anthology of Gen X poets. Her first film, The Thin I'm In was invited to 13 film festivals and won Directors' Pick at The Bare Bones International Film Festival. Kareemah currently lives in South Bend, Indiana with her two sons, Mateen and Rashad.






No comments:

Post a Comment